April 9, 2009

Six Months Away...

It's hard to believe that my 30th birthday has come and gone, and the baby is due six months from today! I've had quite a week so far, between the birthday party on Saturday, Opening Day on Tuesday, and my birthday and a Giants game with Danielle on Wednesday. This was the baby's first of many Giants games, but may be one of Danielle's last night games of the year! She is a trooper, but since she's not a baseball fan her favorite parts of the going to games are always hot dogs and beer, and she can't have either of them while she's pregnant! Maybe she'll actually pay attention to the game now? Regardless, I had a good time explaining the game to her a bit more and teaching her how to keep score (what does E2 or FC mean?). I told her that she'd need to know how to keep score so she could do it at the baby's little league games, but I think she'd rather work the snack bar!

I continue to look at the ultrasound picture from last week, and really can't believe how much the baby has changed from the prior picture. The whole thing is now very real, and I couldn't be more excited. We're going to start the remodel work at the house next month to get the baby's room ready, which means I am getting kicked out of my closet and losing my desk. I have come to figure out that these are the first of many sacrifices I'll be making from here on out! I tell Danielle all the time, though, that I appreciate the sacrifices she is making by being pregnant! After the week I've had, I think I may join her in the "no drinking club" for the next few weeks. I can't wait for her to start showing a bit, though, since I've started talking to her belly at night but sometimes it doesn't really seem like there's anyone inside yet!

No comments: