April 1, 2009

12 weeks 6 days


Early this morning we headed to UCSF for our first trimester screening. This is basically an ultrasound where they measure the fluid in the baby’s (or fetus, as the doctors say) neck to determine the probability that the baby has any chromosomal abnormalities. Our results were good, which we are very happy about!

This was also the longest ultrasound that we had so far. The baby was moving its arms and legs around, which was very cool. We also saw the heartbeat and lots of my insides (gross). The ultrasound technician kept pointing out my full bladder (you have to drink 24 oz of water an hour before the ultrasound and hold it!), which made us laugh since I had been complaining to Mike for the last hour about how full my bladder was. We were also told that the baby’s bump looked “very prominent” and the technician thought it was a boy. I am not 100% convinced because I have heard about a lot of mistakes this early on, so we will just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! He/She is so big already! Ok Dani you know what this means...You are going to weigh more than me soon! teeeheee :)

KColt said...

Looks like a little person! Such a cutie. Can't wait to hear the final verdict on boy/girl.