January 4, 2011

So much wonderful-ness

I have never liked January much. This year it's almost worse than ever because we had the very best holiday season. It was just SO MUCH FUN. I want to live in December forever. I know some people complain that it's too hectic, too many parties, too much food, blah blah blah. Not me. I just think it's the BEST.

We spent the weekend before Christmas in San Francisco on a mini break at the Sir Francis Drake hotel in Union Square. The room was teeny tiny small, but our view was awesome. We could see the ice skaters, shoppers, and giant Christmas tree right out our window.


We even found a little spot for Nate's crib. Yes, he is sleeping in the closet - he seemed to rather enjoy his cozy little nook.


We had dinner at Wayfare Tavern with some of our most favorite-est friends and the food and drink (Williams Selyem Pinot..mmmm) were just perfect. Tyler Florance (chef/owner) came out to say hi to some of the guests, but he skipped over us, hmph.


Nate had a fabulous time running around the Christmas tree at Union Square.


Just had to snap a pic of our luggage cart. This is our stuff. For one night in SF. 20 miles from home.


We made the trek down to sunny Hermosa Beach (my hometown) on the day before Christmas Eve. Here we are at the beach on Christmas Eve. And it was hot. Bliss. We ate and drank away the afternoon at a rooftop restaurant looking out at the sand and water.

Nate was most ridiculously spoiled for Christmas. He loved opening his gifts. Some might say that Nate and his mommy have that in common.

We take our wine drinking seriously..as you can see. We actually did a Christmas eve wine exchange which was lots of fun.


Nate also broke out some amazing new dance moves. This picture doesn't really do it justice, but he was waving his arms like a maniac and drooling all over his grandpa. I laughed so hard I cried.


After a wonderful week in LA of fun, family and of course, food, we headed home to celebrate NYE with friends. We had all of our favorite peeps over to ring in the new year while Nate slept peacefully in his crib.


I loved having time off work to snuggle with my baby, watch him turn into a fabulous basketball player (I swear he is!) and spend time with all my most favorite people.


I'll leave you with Nate's new year's resolution.


Happy New Year!

No comments: