January 24, 2011

MLK in Bodega Bay

We are super lucky to have a fun group of friends that we vacation with every MLK weekend. This year it was off to Bodega Bay to check out the seashore, eat, drink, eat some more and play games! We have stayed in some nice places and some not so nice places, but this year's place took the cake. Heated floors? Don't mind if I do...


We brought lots of yummy wine...and of course, a martini shaker.

We had a fabulous brunch at Rocker Oysterfeller's in the historic Valley Ford Hotel. I guess I was enjoying myself so much I forgot to take pictures of my eggs benedict on biscuits...mmmm. We pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves, which was much needed since Nate and his buddy Ben are a busy bunch.


Family pic in front of the Valley Ford Hotel. My head is blocking the historic plaque. Oops.


We played a looong, martini soaked game of Farkle, which is a super fun dice game that I found on Babbling Abby's blog. Thanks Babbling Abby : ) Nate had the time of his life helping shake the dice. He was running around like a total nut with the biggest smile on his face.


Whenever anyone Farkled they got to wear the bunny ears. Kevin was a very good sport. I have a pic of hubby in the bunny ears too, but I'm not going to post because I don't want to end up in the doghouse!


Another weekend favorite was Smart Ass. This game was somuchfun. We all got kind of addicted to the silly trivia and the need to beat our perpetual winner, Haav.



We ended the weekend with some cheese tasting at Cowgirl Creamery in Point Reyes and a long lunch on a lovely outdoor patio (in January!). I heart living in California. Such a fab weekend. Can't wait for next year!

No comments: