January 6, 2011

Oreos + Cream Cheese + Chocolate = Yum

Sometime over the last couple of years I decided to make Oreo truffles my signature cookie. I first had these heavenly chocolate mouthfuls at a party where someone else made them (thanks Kerri Smith and sorry if I stole your signature cookie!) I ate at least ten five truffles and demanded that Kerri share the recipe with me. Those that know me well know that I only like to make EASY recipes with less than ten ingredients. What can I say, I'm lazy like that. How perfect that my favorite cookies fit the bill.

I made a bunch of my drunk friends very happy by making these truffles on NYE and promised I would pass along the recipe. Without further ado...

Step 1 - Open a bag of Oreos and dump them into a food processor (preferably a pretty pink one, like mine). Process until all of the cookies are crumbs.



Step 2 - Drop in an 8 oz package of cream cheese and process until you have one big ball of chocolate cookie dough.


Step 3 - Roll into truffle balls (they are pretty rich, so small is good) and place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate for one hour.



Step 4 - Melt a bag of chocolate chips in the microwave (a double-boiler on the stove works too, but again, I am lazy). Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, to avoid burning the chocolate. Once melted, add a tablespoon of Crisco. This is optional, but the chocolate gets super silky. Dip your truffles into the chocolate, let cool and refrigerate. I rolled the below batch in crushed candy cane for my work cookie exchange. I only covered half of them in candy cane because I got tired half way through. Yeah, I know, I'm lazy.

Enjoy!

No comments: