May 21, 2009

We are Halfway there!

As of today, I am five months pregnant and halfway there (yes, pregnancy is 10 months….we don’t get it either). So far, Baby Dude has all kinds of goodies. Cute board books, stuffed animals and of course, clothes! Mike and Grandma Robin went to Build-A-Bear at AT&T park and built a Lou Seal stuffed animal (this was before we knew we were having a boy, btw!). Mike was very proud of himself until he took me to the store and I pointed out that our friend Lou was for ages 3 and up. I guess that means Lou Seal is sticking around for a few years.

I also succumbed to a recent Neiman Marcus sale and stocked up on some pretty adorable clothes. I got baby this super cute Ralph Lauren newborn gown (below). When I sent Mike the order confirmation his reply was: “You bought our son a gown? Take it back now!” I have since confirmed that gowns are for boys as well and it is now hanging in baby’s closet. I have a feeling Mike is never going to dress Baby Dude in the gown on his own…oh well.

I have also experienced a pregnancy milestone that I was pretty sure would come at some point: inappropriate pregnancy comment #1. Upon finding out that I was pregnant yesterday, a girl at my work (who I don’t know very well, but who seems very nice), proceeded to tell me how funny that was. She told me that she was walking by my desk the day before and noticed that I had a little stomach and since she always thought of me as such a twig (her words, not mine), she felt a lot better about herself after seeing my belly. Then she said, “And now I find out that it’s because you have a baby in there, shoot!” OMG.

1 comment:

Mike Lederman said...

Baby Dude is NEVER wearing a gown on my watch!