May 11, 2009

Mother’s Day is Fun!


Yesterday was my first mother’s day and boy was I spoiled. I woke up to fresh cut roses from our garden followed by a tastykake (it’s like the East Coast version of a hostess treat) in bed.

We then headed up to Santa Rosa where we hosted brunch for Robin. Adina and I put together a citrus/orange and yellow theme, which turned out very cute...

After Brunch, Mike and I went antiquing in Petaluma. This is pretty much Mike’s least favorite activity and I wish I could say that he was patient, but not so much. After hearing about how much he “hates old junk and only likes pottery barn” for about an hour, we headed back to the car empty handed.

After a little pit stop at Mike’s favorite store in the whole wide world (The Container Store – and for those that know Mike, this is so fitting), we headed over to Sausalito. My Mother’s Day treat was dinner at the restaurant at Cavallo Point! I had been wanting to go here forever and it did not disappoint. The weather was gorgeous, the views phenomenal, and the food absolutely scrumptious.

To top off my lovely day, I even got presents! Robin and Richard got me a cute blue wallet for my little purses and Mike got me a little pregnant teddy bear named Ima Late AND a fancy Digital Elph camera. Perfect to capture pictures of our little boy. So far, I like this whole being a mother thing.

No comments: