August 23, 2011

27 hours

We made a 27 hour jaunt down to LA this weekend for a very exciting event. One of my bestest friends got married in Minnesota last weekend. Sadly, we couldn't swing the trip to Minnesota this year, but we were still able to celebrate at the post wedding festivities in LA. The gorge bride is in the middle (in her signature color, of course). Wren, Stacy and I were inseparable in high school and it's so great that we have all kept in touch even though we live in different places (DC, LA and SF). Stacy's new husband, Adam, is just the nicest guy and I couldn't be happier for them.


So fun to see friends that you don't get to see all the time. I wish I had taken a picture of all the girls!


Nate had an exciting and fun-filled weekend as well. Our little frequent flyer got to take a peek in the cockpit on his way down to LA. Since his name was embroidered on his backpack, he was on a first name basis with the pilots.


He also went to a Thomas the Train birthday party. He napped through the electric Thomas train ride portion of the party, but since he didn't know what he missed, he was happy as a clam on this train.


Nate got this train conductor hat in his goody bag. How cute is that?


Hubs had to fly out early Sunday am for work. I was lucky enough to brunch and catch-up with the bride a bit more. We then headed back to LAX to get my dad (aka Pa Pa Jerry) who was on his way back into town from his own work trip. After a yum lunch and some dessert, we headed BACK to LAX for our flight home.


Nate, cooperating as always, for a pic with mom.


This was my first time flying alone with Nate. I am not going to get into specifics (dirty diaper while we are stuck in the window seat...but of course), but it wasn't fun. When I was uploading the pictures, I came across this gem along with a bunch of pictures of the guy that was sitting next to us. Not sure how I missed Nate hijacking the camera!


No comments: