February 25, 2011

IMP

I come from a long line of IMP's (hi dad!). So it shouldn't surprise me that Nate is a little IMP (Noun: 1. mischevious child 2. small demon). This morning I was watching Nate play in his nursery while getting ready for work. He was playing with his shoe and the diaper pail - gross, I know. Next thing you know, I hear "oh no, oh no." Hubby and I have already agreed that this is our very favorite Nate phrase.



Unfortunately, I knew exactly where that shoe went and where my hand was going to have to go to get it. Nate kept poking around the diaper pail saying, "oh no, oh no." I picked up the remaining shoe and proceeded to ask Nate where his other shoe was. His response, "I don't know. I don't know." So I pointed at the diaper pail and asked him if the shoe was in there, but once again he shrugs and says, "I don't know." I realized he wasn't giving up his secret so I fished out his shoe and little IMP was very happy. Can't wait to see what I will be fishing out of the diaper pail in the future. Happy Friday!

No comments: