April 20, 2011

Practice Hunt

Last Sunday we went to the egg hunt held by the local moms group. Nate was proudly sporting a pink Easter basket. Hey, it's better than the little girl who was using her dad's hat - though they totally get an A for effort.


It didn't take long for Nate to figure out what to do. There were kids and parents everywhere, but Nate just plowed through and started picking up eggs (with a little help from his mom - flashback to Easter 2010 - I know my sister's will get a kick out of this one). This picture cracks me up. Nate was very very serious about looking for eggs.


Nate had a great time hunting for eggs. He was pretty overtired giddy after the egg hunt and started running around like a maniac. He was running up to other kids and taking eggs out of their baskets. I don't think he got the memo that only the eggs on the ground were fair game. Regardless, he really enjoyed himself.


And of course, we had to get a picture with the Easter Bunny. Nate was singing his favorite song verse complete with hand motions (round and round from wheels on the bus) when he met with the bunny. I think this means he was in a good mood.


Nate fell asleep in the car on the way home. He stayed asleep when I carried him in and changed his diaper. He curled up in his signature sleep pose on the changing table. Of course, I HAD to take a pic.


I think Nate's ready for round two of egg hunting this weekend.

No comments: