September 23, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday to Me!

Baby Nate is almost 38 weeks! He is full term and head down, so he could come anytime. And boy are we excited to meet him. The end of pregnancy isn't exactly fun, but knowing the end is so close really helps. The car seat is installed, his nursery is done, our bags are packed, and of course, my celebration champagne is chilled and ready for the hospital. We also got 100% confirmation that he is in fact a boy. Good thing, given the closet full of BOY clothes and his blue room.

In the midst of all this baby growing, I went and turned 30 years old. Since 30 is the new 20 and all, it wasn't as tough as I thought it would be. Mike did tell me that I have to throw away all my pants that say PINK across the butt now that I am no longer in my 20's. Fair enough...

Family Style Dining and Twinkle Lights Artfully Hung by Mike & Kevin

My sweet husband and fabulous BFF Haav threw me a fabulous BBQ and Bonfire for my birthday. My family (minus baby Cait who is spending the quarter in Florence..poor thing) also came into town for the weekend, which is always a nice treat. The food was awesome and I even had a small sip of wine (I swear it was a REALLY small sip). As Mike would say, there goes 10 points off Nate's SAT score. Sorry Baby Nate. Thanks to all my friends and family who made my birthday so special!!

S'mores Bar and Bonfire

No comments: